24 May 2017Waypoint Bar and Restaurant to reopen Friday 27th May
We are happy to announce
The Waypoint Bar and Grill
will reopen on Friday 26th May.
Our Bar will be open 1700 - 2300
Food served 1800 - 2100
Please ring 01631 565333 to book your ferry and table.
Looking forward to seeing you here!
11 May 2017Announcing the arrival of our new water tank!
03 May 2017EVENING FERRY TIMETABLE TO START 4th MAY 2017
We are please to announce that our evening ferry service is operational, on request.
Ferry times are as follows: Please ring us on 01631 565333 to book a journey
03 May 2017DIESEL IS NOW AVAILABLE At OBAN MARINA
Our new fuel pump was sucessfully installed yesterday! We are very happy to be able to offer diesel to our customers.
22 April 2017Progress to date at Oban Marina....
We have had a busy few weeks at the marina, working to improve our services and facilities for the summer. Here are a few of the tasks which have been keeping us out of trouble:
- We have filled two 18 wheeler articulated lorries with rubbish to start clearing the site, this will be an ongoing task in order to keep our yard safe and clean.
- We have managed a small refurbishment of the shower block and reception. Our plan is to completely re-develop these facilities over the winter. As sailors ourselves, we know how important a good shower is after a cold and windy passage!
- We have had a new internet system installed by BOBbroadband and now have 100MBs to the island. This is giving us 30MBs currently and we are working on upgrading the local network.
- Our hoists and crane have been serviced and a maintenance plan has been developed.
- We have arranged for a new fuel pump to be installed at the beginning of May, and hope to be able to provide fuel for our guests soon after.
- We are currently interviewing chefs for our restaurant, so watch this space! We hope to have the bar open again by the middle of May...
The team at Oban Marina
13 April 2017Our new water management system!
As an Island Marina, water is a precious resource.
Our new flag system will let you know how full our storage tanks are.
Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't always rain in Scotland! Using this system we hope to be able to provide water throughout what we hope turns out be a beautiful summer.
GREEN FLAG - no water restrictions in place
YELLOW FLAG - boat washing restricted
RED FLAG - water avaliable in marina showers, but not to pontoons.
11 April 2017New parking options for our berth holders
We are pleased to offer our berth holders secure parking at Hazelbank Motors Oban, who also include one return taxi journey (from your car to the north pier ferry) in their fees.
Prices start from £7 per day for parking only,
£10 per day including taxi on arrival and departure,
£45 per week including taxi on arrival and departure.
Please ring Sue at Hazelbank Motors directly to organise this: 01631 566476
28 February 2017New Owners at Oban Marina
It is a pleasure to introduce ourselves as the new Owners / Directors of Oban Marina.
Firstly; we’d like to thank all of you for your forbearance and understanding over the past few months. It has, understandably, been unsettling not knowing the future of the marina, we really do appreciate your patience.
Rest assured it is our intention to keep the marina in Oban. We are committed to you our customers, to the community we work in and to the marina itself. We also realize that there have been many promises made, and a number of false dawns. With this in mind we will be careful not to over promise, but to work hard on gradual improvement and to listen to you, our customers. Your new Management Team are all sailors, this allows us to truly appreciate how precious your time on the water is, and how important it is to know your boat is safe, secure & berthed where “she” will be tended to and looked after.
We will be writing to our Berth Holders shortly to introduce ourselves, and explain further some of our hopes for 2017 and beyond.
We look forward to welcoming you at Oban Marina
Gary Adams & Catherine Peat