We have had a busy few weeks at the marina, working to improve our services and facilities for the summer. Here are a few of the tasks which have been keeping us out of trouble:
- We have filled two 18 wheeler articulated lorries with rubbish to start clearing the site, this will be an ongoing task in order to keep our yard safe and clean.
- We have managed a small refurbishment of the shower block and reception. Our plan is to completely re-develop these facilities over the winter. As sailors ourselves, we know how important a good shower is after a cold and windy passage!
- We have had a new internet system installed by BOBbroadband and now have 100MBs to the island. This is giving us 30MBs currently and we are working on upgrading the local network.
- Our hoists and crane have been serviced and a maintenance plan has been developed.
- We have arranged for a new fuel pump to be installed at the beginning of May, and hope to be able to provide fuel for our guests soon after.
- We are currently interviewing chefs for our restaurant, so watch this space! We hope to have the bar open again by the middle of May...
The team at Oban Marina